Wednesday, July 22

knishery






The Yonah Schimmel Knish Bakery deserves its own entry.
When we walked along East Houston Street, I saw this shop on the other side of the street.
I had this certain feeling that it would be something special.
And it was! I have never seen a bakery like this before.
Everything looked a little bit grungy (the bakery opened in 1910) and there were only a few old people
eating their knishes. All buns looked the same and besides I wasn't sure if I would ever try a knish,
I would also have problems to choose a filling.
And! The knishery seems to be a celebrity spot! Yes, really, there were so many collected
recommendations and pictures of past famous customers.
And, on top of everything, we recognized the knishery in the Woody Allen movie we saw a few days later,
Whatever Works.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hej, thank you for visiting. I'd really love to read your comment!