Sunday, March 9

Happenings, week 9 & 10

Untitled

What I like in week 9
* sleeping
* taking walks in the sunshine, sitting in a deckchair on the balcony, reading magazines
* balcony spring-cleaning
* dinner with S at An-Do (still going out in the evening feels good)
* last breakfast date with C before we will give birth to our sons, good food at Ulrich
* laughing with S
* attending a checkup at the hospital one day before my due date – I'm slowly (but surely) getting ready for labor and delivery. Everything's fine!
* baking kipferl with nut filling and Striezel – one day before my due date!
* dinner at Rasouli on February 28th, just a few hours before my water broke – fortunately it happend after we came home
* finally holding my sweet baby boy J in my arms. J was born at 5:06 am on the first of March. We are completely overjoyed!

What I like in week 10
* still remembering everything about the birth. I'll never forget these amazing moments together with S and J.
* coming home two days after J's birth
* never getting tired of looking at J
* J swimming in his bodies and pants
* receiving visits from J's grandparents, his aunt and his uncles
* being out for a real walk in the sunshine with J one week after his birth
* so many nice people congratulating us – thank you so much!

What I read and watched in week 9 (how good that I wrote that part before J's birthday!)
* the books Kap Cod by Henry David Thoreau and Zwei Zebras in New York by Marc Michel-Amadry
* Nido 3/2014
* these amazing New Zealand photos by Janis
* these words by David Quammen: “Of course anyone who truly loves books buys more of them than he or she can hope to read in one fleeting lifetime. A good book, resting unopened in its slot on a shelf, full of majestic potentiality, is the most comforting sort of intellectual wallpaper.”

What I don't like
* a lot of coming and going in hospital rooms (although they are certainly doing more and more to have a "family friendly" feel)

1 comments:

Astrid said... March 12, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Your baby has arrived! Congratulations so much!
I love these lists of yours. Please keep them coming!

Post a Comment

Hej, thank you for visiting. I'd really love to read your comment!